Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Time in Paradise is Almost Over

Tomorrow is our last day on the island and we are very sad to leave! We have been here for 2 weeks already and it went by way too fast. Today was another great day! Colton, Grandma Yvonne, Grandma Lori and I started our morning by going to a family friends place to swim in their pool. They are staying in the condo's on the island and they were nice enough to come let us enjoy their pool and hot tub for a while! Colton swam for an hour and half and would have swam much longer but I was getting a little bored so we headed back home for lunch. Frankie and my dad went out fishing this morning with another family friend who is staying on the island. Jerry took them out to fish the rigs and they caught an entire cooler full of fish! They were pretty happy when they came home and Colton couldn't wait to help clean the fish again. They caught some sheephead which are the ugliest fish ever but let me tell you they are so delicious! As the guys cleaned the fish they threw the extra parts over for the birds and before long a cute little pelican arrived to join in on the feast. It was so much fun to watch him eat. Overall a great afternoon! Tonight we decided to take a walk down on the west end of the Island! Colton of course ran most of the time we were down there and we all collected some shells and enjoyed another beautiful sunset! This place is just amazing and I am not ready to leave the island but I guess it is time for us to get back to reality and back to work.

3 comments:

  1. Your family and vacation looks and sounds like it's straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting... what a picturesque and serene place to spend a few weeks. I'm so glad you've enjoyed yoru time down there so much! Looking forward to seeing you and catching up when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a massive fish. That picture of the pelican is amazing! I had such a fabulous time! I am resisting entering the real word again. I still haven't unpacked my suitcase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pelican is creepy. So is the enormous fish.

    ReplyDelete