Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Kitchen Remodel

Our kitchen remodel is finally complete!!  We started this project almost 5 years ago when we realized there was a leak under our kitchen sink and mold was growing on our cabinets.  We replaced half of the cabinets and opened up a doorway with that first found of the remodel.  Over the past 5 years we have replaced all the appliances, front and back door, windows and the railing along the stairs (we got rid of the old metal railing and installed nice oak railing, recycled from someone else's house) and this Spring we started the final round of the remodel.  We replaced the rest of the cabinets, ran a water line over to our fridge (so we can actually use the water dispenser and ice maker), we put in new floors, replaced old hollow doors with 6-panel oak doors, replaced all old trim with new oak trim and hired a painter to paint the ceiling and walls!  It looks so updated and I am in loved with my kitchen now.  I hated the floor the most, the linoleum had so many lines in the design that it was impossible to clean however this new laminate floor is amazing!  All these updates to our home will make it hard to ever sell as I am becoming attached and we are finally getting things the way we want them!  I also did a little shopping for some new decor in our kitchen as I was kinda tired of the wine theme we had before... my favorite purchase is an awesome picture that I found to hang above our stairs (see picture below)!  We are happy to have this project done.  We really don't have much left... trim and closet door need to be installed in the spare bedroom and then new paint in that room and our main floor remodel will be complete - can't wait!
The first picture was taken in 2007, middle was taken end of March and last was taken tonight!
 Before and After
 
 I must admit that my dad and Frankie worked so hard to finish up this kitchen remodel.... not sure what I would do without them!  Thanks guys, you are the best!

1 comment: