Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Like a New House!!

We are making progress now! Our house doesn't look anything like it did when we bought it 5 years ago! This picture was taken in August 2006: In the fall of 2006 we put all new windows in the house and redid the roof (insulated the attic - nice save on the winter heating bills and new shingles).

This picure was taken a couple weeks ago:

Last week re finally re-sided the house and it looks amazing. We got a new front and back door and new windows in the garage and of coure the siding! We still need to install the new screen door and finish some the electrical outlets.. and put our house numbers up so the pizza man knows where to find us!!

This picture was taken this morning:

The transformation has been huge and we couldn't have done it without so much help from our families. My dad was the contractor (boss) for all the jobs, and my brother and Frankie's brother were there to help every chance they could. Frankie's mom and my mom were always willing to take Colton so that I was able to help with whatever I could.. which wasn't always a lot!! We still have some work to do including putting up rain gutters and landscaping. And I think we are planning to put a deck/patio in the back, but I don't think that will happen yet this summer. For now are just enjoying our new house.. and I am sure the neighbors are happy too (our house has been kind of an eye soar while we were in between projects).

4 comments:

  1. What a transformation. Great Job! We have to get together this summer sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most dramatic shot was the one from two weeks ago ...and then NOW! Holy Cow It's pretty! Love the look of the front door! Makes the whole house! Enjoy it! You two (oops THREE) deserve it! Don't know if you got the message from Court but you are also invited to attend (now brace yourself because I will spell it wrong) Baccularate on Wednesday at 7:00 ...She is the final HS speaker of the evening. I know Yvonne and Donna plan on attending if they can. Fred will be out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The house looks amazing! Sorry I am the worst commenter ever lately...I do read your blog often, so I will try to comment more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house looks GREAT! Doesn't feel good to have it done, I know how much you love projects!

    ReplyDelete