Thursday, July 16, 2009

4th of July - The Park - Overwhelming Garden!

Of course like I start every post life has been crazy lately. We spent the 4th of July Holiday weekend at the lake! We had so much fun. We spent lots of time swimming, grilling, riding the golf cart, watching fireworks and of course laughing! Here are just a few pics from the weekend:

This last Saturday I watched my three youngest cousins and my one of my cousin's. Colton loved having all the extra kids at the house - even if they were all girls! We went for a nice long walk in the morning to 3 different parks. Then we came back home to eat lunch and of course everyone wanted something different so we made chicken nuggets, corndogs, tator tots, french fries and mac and cheese! I realize that cooking for only one kid is much easier. After lunch we headed out to the backyard for some water fun. We had both pools set up as well as the slip n slide! Colton and Emily were worn out after about an hour and were in their beds napping while the older three girls enjoyed some more time in the sun. It was so much fun to have all the kids here and I hope we can do it again soon!

And here is an update on my garden - HELP! I walked out to the garden late last weekend and become totally overwhelmed! Everything is growing like crazy (including the weeeds). I didn't realize what I was getting myself into until recently. But after some help from Frankie and my cousin Chris we have the garden back under control and we are already harvesting some good food. We picked the first round of green beans, some onions and we already have cucumbers coming in the house at a steady rate! Colton loves to help in the garden, although he is not a fan of the little spikes that are all over the cucumbers!! Our pumpkins are also flowering now so I have been out there daily helping with the pollination process, due to the lack of bumble bees we have to do some of the pollination by hand (who knew)!

This weekend is my sisters Bridal shower. Less than one month until the wedding. I still a can't believe my little sister is getting married, it seems like she is too young and yet she is 3 years older than I was when I got married! Makes me feel so grown up and I am not sure I like it!

3 comments:

  1. That picture from the 4th of July with the kids on the slide is PRICELESS. Definitely a framer!

    Weddings are so much fun, are you a bridesmaid? What color are the dresses? I love all that stuff, I wish I didn't have to be so fat for Ben's wedding, feels like some of the fun is taken out of it... my hair is pretty much the only thing I have control over, so I started looking for pics of updos today. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alicia, I love that picture too - they were playing pile up at the bottom of the slide!

    And yes I am a bridesmaid. The dresses are dark chocolate brown strapless dresses and the flowers are hot pink! I am very excited about the upcoming shower, bachlorette party and of course the wedding! Colton is the ring bear but because there is no flower girl he gets to walk down the aisle with Mommy and Uncle Brad! Going to be so much fun! I am sure I will have lots of pictures to post in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a good 4th!
    Your veggies look awesome! I can't wait until we can pick ours, all we've been able to have is lettuce and it is so good. We need to the boys together again soon, there is a really cool sprinkler park in St. Louis Park that I want to check out maybe next Thurssday? Shoot me an e-mail and let me know.

    ReplyDelete