Sunday, May 25, 2014

Memorial Weekend 2014

Glorious!  I don't think I need to say anymore about this Memorial Weekend.  The weather has been just amazing and after what felt like 47 months of winter this is exactly what all Minnesotan's needed!  The boys and I headed to North Country immediately after school/work on Friday to spend the weekend with Grandma Yvonne.  We arrived at the lake around 7pm, ate a quick dinner and then headed outside to see our friends and of course enjoy some smores around the fire!  The rest of the weekend was pretty much the same kind of relaxing fun.  We enjoyed many bike rides (Mason and I just got a need bike/trailer combo and we were excited to test it out), we played at the park, enjoyed several dinners over the campfire and ate more smores than anyone will admit, went into town for pizza and the best ice cream ever and even enjoyed an afternoon on the beach!  This was the best way to kick off the summer and now I am praying for many more weekends just like this in the future!

 











One thing we love about this campground is the friends we have made.  Just two sites down is a family with two boys... one Colton's age and one Mason's age! It is prefect and the boys have so much fun playing together!  Actually tonight as I am relaxing on the couch with Mason I can see Colton and his friend sitting by the campfire playing games on their Kindle/Nooks and just telling stories to each other.  It reminds me that Colton is no longer my little baby but is starting to find his own way in life and explore and learn things with his friends instead of just his mom.  It makes me proud to see him be socially confident, adventurous and able to make new friends so easily.  

No comments:

Post a Comment