Tuesday, June 16, 2015

9 Years Old

I still can't believe it but Colton is 9 years old already.  He is a pretty awesome kid.  Although the last year has brought on a whole new set of emotions with him, I am hoping that turning nine brings some relief.  He cries very easily, he gets frustrated at times about things neither of us can understand (like sometimes just trying to tie his shoe will get him all worked up) and he is always worried about things that are way out of his control.  But it just shows what a sweet child he is.  Colton is always trying to doing his best, gets very down on himself when he cannot succeed the way he wishes he could.  He is a very caring and loving boy and never wants to see anyone else hurting.  He is a great big brother even when little brother is being the annoying little 4 year old that he can be. 

I have developed a bond with Colton that I didnt even know was possible.  He is such a young man and the things he understands and communicates about are usually far more than I ever thought a child his age could do.  He is always worried about me.  He has become very attached in the last year so we are really working on keeping our close relationship while him still staying independent and being able to enjoy his time when he is with friends or family instead of me.

We didn't do a big birthday party this year but instead Colton gets to go to San Diego for 6 days in July with Grandma, his aunt and of course me!   He asked for money for his birthday so he can go to all the cool places out there and he buy souvenirs without mom saying that they cost too much!

I am looking forward to watching Colton grow and develop as a 9 year old.  I am sure this next year will bring plenty of good times, new adventures and plenty of laughs.  I love you Colton, Happy 9th Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 9 years old. That's like almost double digits!

    I love hearing how things evolve as children get older, how they surpass your wildest dreams, how your relationships change (often for the better if that was even possible), how they become their own people... Colton is such a sweetheart. He's going to be become a wonderful man and do great things in this world - I just know it.

    ReplyDelete