Sunday, July 16, 2006

Gallbladder! Who Needs It?!

Well as you all probably remember I had tons of problems with my gallbladder when I was pregnant. Well not anymore, I took care of that problem. On Thursday I started to have gall stone attacks again so I contacted the surgeon and went to see him on Friday morning. He said he was gonna have his nurse call me to set up a time for the surgery as soon as possible. Well I couldn't wait. I had another really bad attack Friday afternoon and ended up in the Emergency room at St John's Hospital. I had an ultrasound and found out that I had several stones in my gallbladder and one large stone stuck in my bile duct. So they admitted me for the night and then on Saturday they did an ERCP to get the stone out of the bile duct. They shoved a tube down my throat, through my stomach, cut the bottom of the bile duct to open it ip a little and then moved up into the bile duct to pull out the stone that was stuck. That sucked, I was awake although they had me very drugged up so I don't remember it real well. Then one hour after that procedure I was off to Surgery to have my gallbladder removed. It was a laparoscopic surgery, which means no large incision. I just have four little insert points on my stomach so I should heal quick. I had to stay in the hospital again last night becuase they couldn't get my pain under control. They were giving me shots of morphine and I was still in pain. But finally today we got it under control and I got to come home. And the worst part of it all was being away from Colton. Frankie's mom brought him to the hospital for a little while before my surgery so I could see him but I still missed him very very much. But all is going okay now. I am still very sore but I am at home and hopefully the recovery will be quick and I won't have to ever worry about a gall stone attack again.

Other than all that not much is new. Frankie and Colton are doing great. Colton is getting so big already, he is one month old today. I can't believe how fast it is going. I am trying to enjoy every minute of it becuase soon he will be running all over the place and talking back!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the surgery went well. I sure was surprised when I called and found out you were in the hopsital. Good talking to Frankie though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that sounds like quite the ordeal! I'm glad that everything should be fine now...I can't even imagine how much pain you were in. I can't wait to see the little guy again!

    ReplyDelete