Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What is going on?

I have been watching CNN all morning and it is so disturbing knowing that someone would walk into a school and shoot 10 innocent little girls. What is going on in this world? The man obviously was very disturbed. But what really bothers me is this.... they keep saying that he lost a daughter 9 years ago. She died 20 minutes after she was born and he said (in a letter) that he hasn't been the same ever since. He stated that he is mad at God for taking his daughter from him, but yet on Monday morning this same man that was so hurt stormed into a school and took 5 little girls from their families. So if he was so hurt by losing his daughter why would he want to put so many other families through the same thing? I am at a loss of words, and I look at Colton I couldn't imagine what I would do if someone took him from me. I can't even pretend to imagine that I know what those families are going through, but I do know that it makes me appreciate every minute that I get to spend with my family and friends. I guess no matter who you are or where you live you are not safe, and it is sad that we have to live in a world like this.

2 comments:

  1. Some people in this world are ridiculous. I don't know how it would feel to lose a child, but I know how scared I would be if a guy with a gun came into my classroom or my school. School is supposed to be a safe place. It's kind of sad that it takes events like these to make everyone realize how lucky we are :(

    Colton is SOOOO cute! I think he gets cuter by the minute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously what is the world coming to? I really don't even watch the news anymore, it's too depressing.

    ReplyDelete