Monday, March 02, 2009

Life at the Zoo

Well we have been back from vacation for a week already.... and it has been a crazy week. On the ride home Colton kept asking for a Dolphin. So I thought we would go get him a fish and name it "Dolphin" and that would solve all problems. Well Frankie had other things in mind. I was thinking we could get a giant glass bowl and a gold fish and when it died in a couple months we would just move on with life. Well some how Frankie convinced me that a 20 Gallon tank full of Tropical fish would be more fun. So we know are the proud parents to 3 Tiger Barbs and 3 Silver Dollars. Actually we have already managed to send one of the Tiger Barbs to the bright light in the sky... but we have a 2 week guarantee on the fish so he will be getting replaced momentarily. So as if a giant lap dog and two foster cats weren't enough in our house we now have a fish tank. I wonder what other kinds of animals we could add to our zoo!
* UPDATE: Well we have replaced our dead Tiger Barb with one that actually swims and eats. And while we were at Pet Smart getting him replaced we picked up 5 more fish. We have added 2 sucker fish (to help keep the tank clean) and 3 Zebra Fish (I forgot their actual name) so our tank is complete at 11 fish!!

Lets see what else has happened. On Friday morning (at around 2am) Colton decided to get sick and decorated his bed with his stomach fluids. So after a half asleep pajama change and throwing blankets in the wash he crawled in bed with mom and dad to sleep until 5am when the decorating started again. I stayed home from work to be with him on Friday and by Friday evening he was doing great. It is amazing how quickly little kids recover from being sick.

Saturday and Sunday we went to watch Brad play his last two basketball games of the season. It was so much fun to watch him play. They won the first game but the second game did not have such a story book ending (they lost by about 30). By Sunday afternoon I had come to realize that Colton had shared his flu with me. I am glad that I have taught him to share so well. I am feeling better today but I will say I am really looking forward to Spring when we can open up the windows and hopefully rid this house of the sickness germs we have gathered over the winter. This was the 3rd time the flu hit our household!

So anyways, life is getting back to normal. We miss the ocean, the beach and the warm weather. Colton asks almost daily if we can go back and my answer is yup in 50 weeks. Yes the countdown to Feb 2010 has already started. Oh yeah, we received both of our orders of Girl Scout cookies this week... yup both orders. Frankie placed an order at work and I placed an order from the neighbor girl. We have 12 boxes of girl scout cookies in the cupboard which is totally uncalled for. I told Frankie we need to put some of them in the freezer so we don't eat them all in a week but that has yet to happen. Okay well it is time to watch Diego with Colton and then off to bed.

5 comments:

  1. GOOD GRIEF! Like you don't have enough on your plate...and now you are thinking "Llama vs. Potty belly pigs" lol More of a women that I can ever hope to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the Llama's and Pot Belly pigs were all a joke, although I do think it would be fun to have a Llama (but only if we live way out in the country!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Colton really needs a Llama! HEY BIRTHDAY IDEA! I think that would move me up to "cool Aunt" lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay woman, I have three posts up on you and all of them have pictures. You should make sure you do something about this. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess we won't need to renew our MN Zoo membership, we'll just come visit yoou guys :)

    ReplyDelete