Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So many Memories!

We are having the best time down here in Dauphin Island. My mom and sister flew in last Friday and we have made the best of their short stay, they leave tomorrow morning. The temperatures have dropped off quite a bit in the last couple days but that has not stopped us from spending many hours on the beach and exploring the island. Frankie has still been doing some fishing but the fish I believe have realized that if there is a nice fat shrimp just floating all by itself that it is attached to a human on the other end. On Sunday Marissa, Colton and I went to Fort Gaines on the east end of the island. This place was awesome, we spent almost 2 hours exploring the fort. On Monday Frankie, my mom, Colton and I went to the Dauphin Island Sea lab to see all kinds of aquatic life. This place wasn't as cool as I was hoping but it was still fun. Monday afternoon Frankie and I went exploring while Colton took his nap. We were on a mission to find some Sand Dollars and after about a mile and half walk out to an island (which really is no longer an island because the water level is low on that end) we found what we were looking for. We found lots of broken pieces but we were not successful in finding a whole sand dollar. Oh well the hunt was still worth the long walk and sore feet! Today we spent the day playing games and of course did some playing on the beach. I dug a hole big enough for Colton to fit in and he thought it was the best thing ever, he playing in the hole for about 45 minutes! Frankie and Colton cleaned fish this afternoon and we had fish and shrimp for dinner. Tonight we are just gonna relax and hang out, I am sure play some more games (although I never lose so I am not sure they want to play with me anymore). We have to take my mom and sister to the airport in the morning and then I am sure Colton, Frankie, Yvonne and I will be spending some time on the beach! I have taken over 400 pictures on this trip, I know I always get a little carried away! I can't wait to get home and start working on my photobook for this vacation but I am afraid the book may be about 60 pages long! We are leaving Friday morning, and will be spending Friday night in a hotel in Cape Girardeau, MO and then hope to be home Saturday night. We are very sad to leave, but we are looking forward to sleeping in our own beds! Okay here are some pictures, I know you are probably sick of seeing them but pictures are always better than words in my world!

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of Colton in the hole, too funny! We miss the beach. Isaac keeps asking for "beach, beach, wawer, Uncle Bankie" Enjoy your last couple days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colton is getting so big! He looks like he's having a blast.

    ReplyDelete