Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No Words

Some friends of the family lost their home to a fire about 4 weeks ago. Mike and Kristy and their two kids Rachel and Mikey live across the street from my parents and at about 1am on a Saturday their home started on fire. They all escaped unharmed but the house is a complete loss. They are an amazingly strong family and coping with it the best they can. The house is going to be torn down today (which is why I am home, Colton and I are going to go watch) and then the rebuilding can begin. They were able to save some items but not much. They allowed me inside the house to take pictures on Sunday. I spent several hours in the house, shed some tears for their loss and took over 200 pictures. I will share a few pics of the devastation and believe me when I say that there are not enough words to describe the feelings you have when you are looking at the devastation.

This last picture it the hardest for me - this is their camera (full of pictures which of course cannot be recovered/replaced).

1 comment:

  1. That is very sad! It is so easy to take your everyday life things for granted, this reminds me to appreciate all I have. I am glad to know they are all safe, we will add them to our prayers.

    ReplyDelete