Monday, October 13, 2014

Homecoming

Last weekend was homecoming for our local high school and Colton got to walk in the Homecoming Parade with the Junior Wolfpack Football teams.  He was so excited.  Now they said parents could come with but we didn't have to walk with so I decided to trust my 8 year and let him go with his team and without me.  I dropped him at the parade line up and hoped he wouldn't get lost during the parade route to the high school.  Mason and I found our spot along the parade route and waited for Colton to come walking by.  It was pretty crazy to see my child walking in a parade without one of us with him... how did he grow up so fast?!?!  



Later that night Colton and I bundled up and headed to the Varsity Homecoming Football game with my sister and brother.  Crazy to think that 16 years ago I was sitting in those same stands as a high school senior with not a care in the world and now I was sitting there with my own Wolfpack Football player by my side.  We only made it to half time as it was getting cold and my siblings were starting to wine (Colton was fine as long as we got food every 15 minutes- seriously, what am I going to do when he is a teenager?).  It was fun to be back at my old stomping grounds and I look forward to many more Friday Night Lights as my boys grow up in the same school that I grew up in!


No comments:

Post a Comment