Thursday, February 12, 2015

Polar Cubs Camp

Well another fun Cub Scout adventure is complete.  On Sunday, Colton and I went to Polar Cubs Camp.  This is an outdoor winter day camp.  I have to admit I was nervous as I knew we would be outside for 6 hours straight and didn't know if either of us would last.  Well nothing to worry about, the weather was perfect and we had a blast!  The camp started at 9am promptly with a flag ceremony and then we broke into smaller groups and were assigned a camp counselor, we were assigned to "Yetti" for the day.  The camp was extremely organized and ran like a well oiled machine.  They had all kinds of stations set up and we rotated every half hour.  We enjoyed activities such as Capture the Flag, Snow Tubing, Dodge Ball, Kickball, an epic game of Snow Ball (this was the scout's favorite, the parents were pretty much dying by the end of this game), one short indoor craft, a campfire with hot chocolate and joke telling, snow fort building and of course we enjoyed lunch together in the mess hall.   The 6 hour camp went really fast, we never had time to get bored which was awesome and by the time we left everyone was ready for a nap!  I didn't carry my camera as I planned to join in the activities but I did have my phone on me and managed to snap a few pictures throughout the day.  



 6 of the 9 boys in my den were able to make the camp, way to represent our Pack boys!







No comments:

Post a Comment