Thursday, July 02, 2015

Camp Akela

Colton and I attended Camp Akela this summer for the first time and we had a blast!  It was so amazing to spend the entire weekend with Colton without little brother bothering him or steal all my attention.  It was this weekend that I realized how independent Colton is already and how soon it will be before he no longer needs his mama to help him at all.  We camped at Phillipo Scout Reservation in Cannon Falls for 3 days, 2 nights.  The weekend was very well organized and we had very little time to just sit and do nothing which was awesome.  We enjoyed activities such as swimming (after both of us passed our swim tests), crafts, archery, BB Guns, Pedal Carts, Fitness, First Aid and Safety, Canoeing, Ballistics, Climbing Wall and of course awesome meals in the dining hall!  I have to admit I wasn't sure how the weekend would be but I would do it again in a heartbeat.  It was so much fun and was a weekend I don't think either of us will forget anytime soon.  I am so happy I got to enjoy the weekend with Colton and hopefully we can go camping together a few more times before he is too cool for his mama!  





















No comments:

Post a Comment