Sunday, June 12, 2016

Pre-K Graduate

Well it's official, I no longer have a baby, a toddler or a preschooler!  Mason graduated from Pre-K last week and it was not easy for this mama.  He had two graduation ceremonies.  On Wednesday he graduated from Kindercare where he attended preschool from 8-noon every day.  He has been at Kindercare for almost two years and he had the same two preschool teachers as his big brother did 5 years ago and I cannot say it enough when I say they were amazing!  Yes I cried during the ceremony and cried like a baby on the last day of Kindercare when Ms Michelle gave him a big hug before we left and said "I love you Mason".  Seriously, that learning center was the best place we ever enrolled our kids and now 7 years later we have left their building for the last time.  It was very surreal and is still sinking in.


 His awesome teachers!


 On Thursday Mason graduated from Pre-K at Pullman.  Mason attended Pre-K at the Elementary school every afternoon and he absolutely loved it.  He was so excited to be at the big school with his big brother and he learned so much that is still amazes me!  He can spelling so many words, he recognizes at least 20 site words, he can read simple books and he is turning into a little math whiz just like his brother.  The things this kid can do are astonishing to me.  I did make it through this ceremony without crying but that isn't to say that I didn't cry when I got to my car and it all sank in a little more.  My baby is growing up so fast.  I love this stage that we are at but it is still hard to accept that soon I won't be able to hold him in my arms and rock him to sleep, I won't be able to carry him from his car seat to the his bed when we get home late, I won't be able to kiss him cause it will embarrass him too much and he won't need Mom to help him every step of the way.  I love you Mason and Congrats on your Pre-K Graduation, on to Kindergarten you go!



2 comments: