Monday, March 06, 2017

Arrow of Light

Well Colton did it.  After 5 years of Cub Scouting, many Scout Camps, putting in his fair share of service hours, earning all his badges and pins and of course 5 years of fun he has finally earned the highest rank you can as a Cub Scout.  He earned his Arrow of Light rank and has officially crossed over from the Cub Scout Pack to the Boy Scout Troop to continue his journey to Eagle Scout.  I have had so much fun with Colton these last couple years and I can't wait to continue to watch him grow with his scouting adventures.  I am no longer his den leader which has been a little bit of an adjustment but I know he is going to do awesome without me and I think it might even challenge him a little more as Mom wont always be there to do things for him anymore.  It is going to be weird to send him off to camp without me from now on (well I can still go if I want but they go for a week at a time now instead of just 3-4 days so I am thinking I will let him go on his own)!  I am so proud of him.  Scouting teaches so many great things that he will be able to use later in life and he is making some amazing friendships along the way.   He has expressed interest in being a camp counselor when he is older and I think that would be a great summer job for him and I fully support his choices.  Here are a few pictures from our big Crossover Ceremony (Clint was awesome and snapped pictures for me as I had to be quite involved in the ceremony being as I was the den leader for the 9 boys who crossed over)!  Congrats Colton, your journey to Eagle starts today!


 My den got me an awesome gift to say Thanks for leading them these last couple years.  I got a little wooden sign that says "Behind every good Scout is a Great Leader" and they got me a Solar Camping Lantern which I look forward to using when we go camping this summer!








No comments:

Post a Comment