Sunday, June 25, 2017

Camping and Canoeing

We went camping with our Boy Scout Troop a couple weekends ago and this time we camped at Loon Lake Campground in New Auburn, WI.  Yes this is the same place my parents are seasonal campers.  Loon Lake Campground is a scout friendly campground so scouts camp for free!  And the purpose of this camping trip was to focus on our canoeing skills so that the boys are prepared for their trip to The Boundary Waters next summer and Loon Lake is an amazing lake for canoeing.  The boys had a great time and I was able to take plenty of pictures (I used my parents mini pontoon as the safety boat while the boys were in canoes with other parents so I could bring my good camera with me as it is a little safer than taking it in a canoe)!

Colton still has his cast on his arm but that didn't slow him down at all this weekend!  He still jumped in the canoe and headed out with his troop and when it was time to swim to the floating raft he didn't hesitate at all!  Also we were camping on Colton's birthday so I picked up 24 cupcakes for the boys to share around the campfire at night.  But I forgot them at home so I had to get created and I made him a cake out of mini donuts!  The boys loved it just as much :)













3 comments:

  1. I know I don't comment often, but I love seeing all your photos and following along with your life these days! Gives me insight into my bigger kid years ahead.

    Good improvisation with the doughnuts! Did you enjoy eating the 24 cupcakes when you got home? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully we had a big birthday dinner planned for when we got home (with my parents, siblings and Clints parents and nephew) so we didnt have to eat them all ourselves! And I am glad to hear that you follow along, I never know if anyone reads my blog but I keep doing it just a way for me to document and remember these moments!!

    ReplyDelete