Thursday, July 12, 2007

Bones Moving Everywhere!

I have been waking up really sore lately (and I keep blaming it on our mattress but that isn't the problem). I also have been getting really bad headaches... at least 2 migraines a week! Well yesterday I decided to give into my fears and go see the chiropractor! Just the thought of it makes me sick. The idea of my bones moving all over the place just doesn't sit well for me. But I sucked it up and went. The Doctor couldn't believe how bad I was. Although he says it is common in new moms, he called it "New Mom Syndrome". He said from carrying a diaper bag, and a car seat and of course the baby your body really take a beating. And man is he right, and it doesn't help that Colton weighs 26 pounds! Needless to say he adjusted me and my neck feels really good today, but my lower back is so sore. And I have to go back again tomorrow! I have to continue to see him 3 times a week until things are strong enough to stay where they are supposed to and then the visits can slow down!

In other news, Colton has been coughing a lot the last couple nights so we decided to take him in yesterday to make sure it was nothing serious. Well the cough is just that, a cough. But we did find out that he has a double ear infection! We didn't expect that, he hasn't been pulling on his ears or anything. So he is in antibiotics twice a day. Poor kid, first pink eye and now an ear infection. I guess we are lucky, this is the first one he has ever had and apparently they are pretty common in babies.

Other than that not much new. I am still trying to find a job. I never thought it would be this tough! Of course if I would have finished school that really would have helped. I am really starting to consider school again this fall so that I can finally finish a degree. And I am trying to lose weight... but it is a slow process. I have lost 8 pounds in 3 weeks... at this rate it is going to take me until next summer to reach my goal. It would probably help if I would stop going to the lake every weekend, because when I am there I seem to eat Smores by the handful!

6 comments:

  1. I used to have ear infections when I was a child. I could tell you lost some weight the other day. I have lost 40lbs in the last six month! Crazy huh. I just had a few smores.. Off to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, that sucks about your back! Which chiropractor are you going to? I have to go to mine 3 times a week too...we should schedule our appointments together if they're at the same place :)

    I hope Colton's ears get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to Dr. Kiekhoffer here in Cottage Grove. Although I already skipped one appointment this week. I hate going! I can't sleep the night before becuase I am up all night thinking about it. Where do you go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the weight loss! I think 8 pounds in 3 weeks is awesome, and a very healthy way to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are wondering where your pounds went...I think I have the answer :) Sucks about your back...It's amazing what mom's have to carry around to keep the little ones happy! Hope you are getting some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, you and Bets need to keep on talking about your weight loss goals, I am totally pumped to go work out right now!

    Thanks for the pick me up

    ReplyDelete