Friday, March 21, 2008

We miss her so much!

It has been a hard week for us. On Wednesday night we gave Liberty, our 4 year Husky, to a new home. It was so hard to let her go but we know it is for the best. Lately she has become a little bit aggressive with Colton... I know she would never have hurt him but it still made us a little uneasy. So we started to spread the word that we would be willing to give her to a new, loving home if anyone knew of some looking to take her in. And we got a call from someone who heard about her through word of mouth. And the family seems awesome.. she is going to be treated like a queen there!! They have two boys, a 10 year old and a 17 year which is exactly what Liberty needs. She loves to play but with Colton she just wasn't sure how. So anyways, it is has been very hard not having her here with us but we know she is safe and getting so much attention! We still have Sampson our lab and he has adjusted better than I expected. And Colton is so young that he didn't really understand. But when only one dogs comes back in the house he always says Puppy Bye-Bye and then points to the front door so I do believe he knows she is gone. I still cry when I think about her becuase she was our baby, our first baby. And she was very much a part of the family. Her new family said they would keep in touch and send pictures and I hope they do so that we continue to know that she is being loved. Anyways, give your dog a hug... becuase you don't really realize how much you love them until they aren't around!

5 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how tough that would be! At least you know she is being treated well AND if they keep in touch, that's even better! That's part of the reason we have so many photos on our page of Hallie....So her foster family can see how she's doing. That's something I don't think I could ever do...raise puppies and give them away! Takes a special heart to give a puppy up to a new home, but a wonderful feeling that you know that they will be living a life they love! Hugs to you and Frank for thinking of Liberty! I'm sure she would NEVER hurt Colton, but now you won't have to worry and can enjoy your 'lap dog' and know Liberty is happy too
    Love ya and Happy Easter
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NO idea, but my comment showed up twice.....so I deleted one. So don't think I wrote something naughty lol

    Love ya again,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mandy, that's so sad! I'm glad you found her a good home, but I couldn't imagine giving up my dog! Hopefully Liberty will be happy and you can visit her once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that you had to do that, I can't imagine having to give up my Bella-Ru. You know what's right for your family and this was the best choice for everyone. I'm sure Liberty will be very happy in her new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I'm looking at your blog, and I don't think I have read anything for the past 3 months. I don't know what else i do to waste my time, since I am not that busy, but that's my goal. I'm totally going to get caught up on your life! Let's see... by next week. It's a promise, so you can yell at me if I don't!

    ReplyDelete