Saturday, November 22, 2008

Paint Class

I took a painting class with my mom and some of the neighborhood ladies a couple weeks ago! Our project of the night was a pillow with a winter scene painted on it. The instructor is a great friend of the family and the same person who painted the Nemo Mural in Colton's room. She walked us through the project step by step. First we drew our image onto the canvas. Then we filled it in with paint and finished it off by adding buttons and adding fringe to the edge! The final product was amazing, I never thought in my wildest dreams that mine would turn out. I have decided not to add the batting to mine because I am afraid that the dog would lay on it when I am not around and I really don't want it to get dirty so I am going to use mine as a wall hanging! Here are some pictures she took for us that night, we had so much fun and I look forward to taking another class - anyone interested in taking a class with me?



7 comments:

  1. That's seriously adorable Mandy, I would love to do something like it, I'm just so terribly untalented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I am not talented at all when it comes to drawing, but she walks you through it step by step! And everyone was so worried and convinced they couldn't do it and they all turned out so good!! You should take one with me you would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well then I would definitely love to take a class with you, let me know, and we can plan something! I bet some of the girls would be up for it too.

    As long as you promise I won't make a fool of myself. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will not make a fool of yourself - I will get a list of classes and then we can decide what one we want to take! She isn't doing any in December - too crazy so they wouldn't be until January! I am sure some of the other girls would be interested too, I will find out dates and classes and then send an email to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll do it! That sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey you need a new post. I am getting way ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete