Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Night Memories

It is nights like this that make everything worth while! Colton and I are on our own this weekend, Frankie is out of town helping a friend get his deer stands ready for the upcoming hunting season. I picked Colton up from school, made a quick trip to target, came home and ate some Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets for dinner and we have been just hanging out the rest of the night. These are the moments I cherish the most, when your 3 year old just walks up to you for no reason and says "I Love You Mom" you realize everything that you worry about in life doesn't matter, all those long days at work are worth it, and all those dishes in the sink can wait until tomorrow - it is these little things that count the most. We have been playing and talking and hanging out all evening. He has so much to say and I know sometimes with our busy lifestyles I don't stop long enough to listen to him. He is gonna grow up before I know it and when I look back in 20 years these are the memories I will cherish the most! We just called daddy to say Good Night, Colton loves to talk on the phone especially when it is his daddy on the other end of the line. The rest of our evening will be spent cuddled up on the couch in our matching Vikings Jammies with a bowl of popcorn watching Earth - a Disney movie about all the vast animals that inhabit the earth! Colton loves this movie and has watched it at least 10 times in the last week (Thank You Grandma Yvonne for letting us borrow it). I hope you are all had as memorable a Friday night as I did.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like the perfect way to spend Friday night, Mandy! Colton is such an adorable little man. And I love the pictures you posted - they totally capture all his adorableness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great night! I LOVE the pictures you posted!

    ReplyDelete