Thursday, January 28, 2010

I can do it myself!

Okay I knew this was coming - he is 3 1/2 years old after all - but I am not ready for it. I went to get him dressed Sunday morning and he looked at me and said "I can do it myself". So I reluctantly sat back (with my camera) and let him show me that he could do it. The entire time waiting for him to have troubles and tell me that he needed me but that never happened. He got himself completely dressed without any help at all from me. I was so proud of him and a little sad at the same time. I just want him to be my baby but he reminds me everyday that he is my little man now and doesn't need his mommy for everything like he used to. Seriously where have the past 3 1/2 years gone, it seems like we just brought him home from the hospital and now he is dressing himself... I am not ready for this!!
He also loves to pretend he is a cowboy, which is why that hat is on his head - don't worry I did not let him out in public looking like Huck Finn!

5 comments:

  1. Cute are you excited for dolphin island i 14 DAYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, your son is adorable! I love that first photo - who doesn't put on a hat after their underwear?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee, he looks SO PROUD of himeself in that last picture.

    Seriously, where did the last 3.5 years go? Seriously!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...he is so big! I love his smile in the last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where has your baby gone? Such a cute boy!

    ReplyDelete