Saturday, January 02, 2010

Skating in Rice Park

We took Colton skating in Rice Park in downtown St Paul last Sunday. It was a cold night but with all the lights it so beautiful no one seemed to even notice the cold. We got down there only to find out that you had to have skates to get on the ice so being the amazing mom that I am I rented myself a pair skates so I could go with Colton. Now I want to you know that I have been on skates since I was about 15 years old. Frankie and Grandma Yvonne watched from the outside of the rink and I am sure it was quite entertaining. Colton is not very stable on his skates and I have no idea what I am doing. To my amazement I never fell, although I did let go of Colton so he could give it a shot on his own and he was on his backside in about 2.6 seconds. We had a lot of fun despite the fact that we only made it around the rink twice (which took about 15 minutes)!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun, Mandy! I love Rice Park...it's so beautiful in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, you do the most fun stuff ever... I agreed with Liz, Rice Park is so gorgeous in the winter, good for you for getting out and enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!!!!! You look like a natural on those skates Mandy :)

    Do you know how long they keep the lights up for? I think we might have to go there too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it runs into January, but I am not sure how far into January! It was pretty cool, we will have a great time next year when we all go after cookie making!

    ReplyDelete