Thursday, April 22, 2010

I have a family room - FINALLY!

Well after 6 years and lots of down time we have finally finished our family room. The carpet was installed this afternoon and I could not be happier! Below are before and after pictures. I took pictures of what it looked like when we bought and of us tearing out the walls but that was almost 6 years ago before I had a digital camera. So here are some pictures of what it looked like 6 weeks ago - it was a disaster! Also some pictures of my dad and Colton putting up the trim.
And here are some of the room all painted and ready for carpet:
And the final project: Now of course we still need furniture and we need to put the doors on the entertainment center so I will do an update post once all the decorating is done. We did bring some of Colton's toys down there right away and he is now the happiest little guy. Being as our entire main level is wood floors he is happy to able lay on the floor and play with his toy comfortably!

6 comments:

  1. That looks AWESOME! Can I move in?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime you want!! I am excited to have more space for people to be able to stay with us! We have a spare room but now we have lots of space for air mattresses as well! This will be great for our Halloween party (which you have to come back for- you guys can have the spare bedroom)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so nice! The carpet looks like the kind that would make me want to lay on it all day. That last picture of Colton is adorable! I bet you are all excited to have the extra space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, Looks great! I bet that it feels so to have it done. I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea! I can't wait to come over and see it in person. Looks like you guys are masters at remodeling. WIth all your extra time, you can come redo my basement. Sound like a plan?

    ReplyDelete