Thursday, April 01, 2010

Our garden is going!

We had so much fun with our garden last year and to my surprise we had also great success with it last year so we here go again! We learned quite a few things from our experience, like you never need 5 Jalapenos plants and 6 tomatoes plants is enough to feed a small village. We are gonna make some changes this year and we are gonna try to grow quite a fewnew foods this year too! We have also decided to start our garden from seed this year instead of buying plants later in the Spring. So today Colton and I set up our indoor garden and got our seeds planted! Colton learned all about plants this week in school and he learned that plants need water, light and stories to grow! I am not so sure about the last one but just in case they are right Colton told our seeds a little story... it went something like this "Come on plants, grow grow grow, we want to see you big and tall, so grow grow grow"!! I hope it works because I am not known for my green thumb! Colton has been checking on the seeds all afternoon, I tried to explain it might take a few days before anything sprouts but he doesn't seem to believe me! Hopefully my next post will be " Our Garden is Growing"!

1 comment:

  1. Good job buddy. I have raspberry bushes and I think that's all I'm going to attempt this year again. Can't wait to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete