Monday, August 23, 2010

What a weekend!

We had another busy weekend! Saturday we went to Bunker Hill Regional Park for a family reunion. It was a hot day but we still had a blast hanging with family. Colton really enjoyed the games more than anything - he entered the wheel barrow races with Auntie Marissa, the Egg Toss with Grandma Lori and of course participated in the tug of war with his cousins! He even got a gold medal for winning the tug of war, he is very proud of this plastic piece of gold!! Saturday night we watched my friends little girl overnight. It was so much fun to have a toddler in the house again and Colton played so good with her - although he did get annoyed when she kepting pulling all the DVD's off the shelf and throwing them all around the living room. Sunday I went to a bridal shower for one of my girl friends. It was great to spend the afternoon with friends, I haven't see them in forever (being sick most of June and July didn't help)! Lisa I can't wait for your wedding, it is gonna be here before we know it!! Then tonight I had a Dr appointment and Frankie and Colton both came with me to hear the heartbeat! The baby was very active tonight and Dr was having a hard time keeping track of him/her but eventually the baby took a little break from his/her aerobis and we were able to hear the heartbeat! The baby had a heart rate of 140 tonight. I have also been starting to feel the baby move around already, I felt the first movements last Wednesday at 16 weeks 4 days and then of course didn't feel anything until today! I felt the baby moving around quite a bit tonight - it is the most amazing feeling ever!!

4 comments:

  1. Soooo good to see you on Sunday Mandy, and we will be seeing you lots in the next month or so, so I'm super excited for more buddy time!

    We were just at Bunker hill a few weeks ago for Dan's work party, super fun place, did you guys hit up the water park? Gus loved the zero-entry pool, plenty of shenanigans to be had climbing in and out and in and out and in and out. ;)

    I LOVE the tug-a-war pictures, your little boy is so cute. Going to be such a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mom's face in the egg toss picture...it says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo much excitement going on! And so excited for your baby - I think one of our friends needs to be pregnant at all times - it was my turn up until August, now its your turn - who will it be after you have your little munchkin in January? Lisa? Betsy? Alicia? Liz? Kate? Angela?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, my bets are on Betsy to be next after Mandy, Suz! :)

    Mandy, love your pictures of Colton! He is such a handsome little boy! Very photogenic too. I bet he's looking forward to having a baby brother or sister. So excited for you all!

    ReplyDelete