Wednesday, October 20, 2010

25 Weeks Pregnant

I still can't believe I am 25 weeks pregnant already - just over 3 months to go! It seems like the pregnancy is flying by (I guess it doesn't help that I spent 7 weeks sick and in bed just trying to sleep each day away). Anyways, things are going great at this point! I am really starting to get my energy back and the nesting is already kicking in (loving it, my house might actually be clean for a change). We are almost done preparing Colton's new room - trim and new doors are being installed tomorrow, a big THANKS to my dad for that help and hopefully we can move him into his new BIG BOY room the first week of November. Then I have about a month to get the baby's room cleaned and organized before we bring back the crib, changing table and rocking chair! I had my gestational diabetes test on Monday and the results came back within the normal range but they were on the high end of normal so I will be retaking the test in 5 weeks just to make sure everything is okay. My blood pressure was also quite high when I first got to my appointment but after laying down for just a few minutes it dropped back down very quickly so my doctor said I have nothing to worry about (still scares me but hopefully it was just becuase I rushed from work to home to the doctor and nothing more than that). Other than that things are going great, the baby's heartrate was 144 and of course had the hiccups during the appointment - this baby always seems to have the hiccups which is something I don't think I ever experienced with Colton or maybe I just didn't know that is what it was. As for weight I am still down 5 pounds from my initial 5 week visit, I am guessing by my next appointment we will be talking about weight gain instead of weight loss!! Okay that is all for now.
Here is me at 24 weeks Pregnant:

5 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! If you check my facebook page for the picture...at 25 weeks I was a MONSTER!

    Isla had the hiccups all the time too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blergh. That god awful GD test. So stressful.

    Mandy if you need ANYTHING at all, let me know. If you need someone to be there while you labor, I would seriously love to be there. Honestly. No lie.

    If you have questions re breastfeeding, let me know. I would love to help. You know I am passionate about it, and have done a ton of research. (Remember this for when the baby is here as well, if you're having troubles... I will be there in a flash if you need it.)

    Just wanted to get that out there, I can't believe how close you're getting to those wonderful first days with your new son or daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so wonderful! He/She is going to be here before you know it! Getting the room ready is so exciting - I can't wait to see it!

    Alicia is way more of an expert on breastfeeding than me, but if you ever can't get ahold of her for some reason, I'd love to be of assistance. Her knowledge has really helped me out and I'd like to help others like she's helped me! And, there's a great book that she got me that I now recommend to other mommies - The Nursing Mother's Companion. Pretty much answers all the questions you could have.

    Also, re: hiccups. Kellen had the hiccups ALL THE TIME in my belly...constantly. There were nights when I couldn't fall asleep because he would hiccup for 1, 2, once even 3 hours! I know, crazy. He does get the hiccups about once a day - has since he was born. I guess thats normal and it usually ends before the 1 year mark.

    Okay, I'm done blabbing :) See you for your Halloween party next week - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 25 weeks! How exciting. He/she will be here before you know it! You look so great, Mandy! So glad to hear your energy is back up too. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete