Monday, January 24, 2011

39 Weeks Pregnant

Well it seems like just last month we found out we were expecting and here we are 39 weeks along already! It really did go by quick and at the same time these last couple of weeks have seemed like forever... apparently waiting patiently is not one of my strong points! We are more than ready to meet our new son or daughter and hopefully sometime this week he or she will decide to join us out here in the real world! I have a doctor appointment tonight and depending on my blood pressure we may talk some options to get my labor going... I really wanted to go into labor on my own but at the same time I am all about giving this baby some encouragement. I will try to update tonight if anything exciting will be happening and hopefully my next post will be pictures of our little munchkin!

* Tuesday night update: Well I am still pregnant! My appointment went good last night. My blood pressure was up but as soon as I layed down for 5 minutes it came right back down to where it should be. I am still dialated 5cm, starting to thin out, 70% effaced... so we are making progress but slowly. After talking with the Dr we decided to give the baby a few more days to arrive on its own... let nature do what it is supposed to do. I have been having contractions on and off all day today but nothing with any sort of pattern (unfortunately)! I have another Doctor appointment this Friday unless I deliver sooner! I will keep you all posted!

3 comments: