Saturday, April 20, 2013

Let's have a Play Date!

I am watching a friends little girl all weekend (as her and her husband enjoy a week away in sunny Florida)!  The boys like having another person in the house to play with.  She is a very active, independent and talkative 3 1/2 year old.  I forget how many questions a kid of this age can have, she wears me out sometimes!   Also having a girl in the house a whole new ballgame for me but so far we are doing good. Mason and Bristol get along quite well (they are 17 months apart) but they do have their moments - he wants to do things his way and she is an only child so she just wants what she wants!   I will say that for the most part they are getting along great so far, hoping the next 24 hours is the same. 

We are having a good time with an extra kid in the house and I knew going into this weekend I wouldn't really plan an activities outside the house because I am not sure I am brave enough to tackle a public place with a 6.5, 3.5 and 2 year old.  However earlier this week I mentioned to some friends that we could have a play date at my house if they didn't have any plans and they came through for me (saved my sanity for a few hours this morning).  Colton of course wasn't thrilled about the house being full of little kids so we agreed he could have a friend come over too.  He called up a friend from school and his buddy arrived about 10 minutes later, having friends of his living so close is awesome (side note, Colton is going to his friends house tomorrow for a play date, double win for this mommy - he was entertained by his friend today and I get a break for a couple hours tomorrow)!  So lets see it was a total of 8 kids in one home at one time -  two 6 years-old's, two 3.5 year-old's, a 2.5 year old, a 2 year old, a 1 year old and a 10 month old!  Wow, I am surprised we even survived and what is even more impressive is that all the kids survived as well.  It was complete chaos at times... several kids yelling for attention, diapers needing to be changed, arguments over toys and lunch needing to be served!  But at the same time is was fun, I guess sometimes a little chaos makes the quite afternoon seem so much more relaxing.  I feel so blessed to have such awesome girlfriends who will come over and hang out even if it is just for a couple hours and we don't get much mommy time to just chat and catch up on each others lives.
 I took this next picture of my friends little guy right before they left (I really only took my camera out to get the above group shot, otherwise there was no time for picture taking).  I just had to share it because he might be the most gorgeous 1 year old I have ever seen... look at those eyes and that smile and the little blond curls on the back of his head are completely to die for!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day. And totally agree on Mr. L - great photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, he is so dang cute. I could take pictures of him all day long!

      Delete