Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fun with the Boys!

Last weekend I was lucky enough to have my nephews spend the weekend with us while their mom and dad moved them to their brand new home (which is beautiful and makes me incredibly jealous especially of the big kitchen)!  I was excited to spend some time hanging with all my favorite boys (well one was missing, Tyce (12 months) spent the night at home with his parents)!  It was complete chaos at most times but with four boys ages 7, 6, 5, and 2.5 I expected nothing less!  Saturday evening we took the boys to local park and let them run for an hour because I was starting to think their energy was endless and they were never planning to sleep.  Well the park workedperfectly as all 4 were sleeping by 10pm.  Sunday morning they woke up with energy and appetites..... seriously, feeding 4 hungry, growing boys is a lot of work!  Frankie and I decided that keeping the boys in the house just wasn't an option as they were pretty much climbing the walls so we packed a picnic lunch and headed to our favorite place, Afton State Park!  We made the boys hike almost a mile in to the picnic area, we enjoyed lunch and played some football, soccer and chased bubbles around the park.  Then it was time for swimming and the boys wasted no time jumping into the river... they had so much fun splashing and riding the waves (some of which were quite large depending on how big the boat was that went by)!! By the time the boys finished swimming and hiked the mile back to the van they were exhausted... MISSION COMPLETE!  I was in the water making sure we didnt lose a child so Frankie was in charge of photos and he did quite well capturing all our fun.  Here are a few pictures from our afternoon!









 



We had so much fun that we took our boys and Sammy back down to the river the next night for some more swimming.  This time I was able to play with my camera a little more and catch these fun photos!  








No comments:

Post a Comment