Monday, March 03, 2014

Blue and Gold Banquet

One of the big events of the year for Cub Scouts is the Blue and Gold Banquet.  This a dinner celebration with our entire troop to celebrate the birthday of Scouting!  This is all the time that our oldest Cub scouts officially cross over from the Pack to the Troop and into Boy Scouts!  Well we had a dinner a few weeks back and it was a lot of fun.  Dinner was catered in by one of the scout families and was quite delicious.  Then we had our award ceremony were several boys were given their patches they earned for Cleaning up Fort Snelling and several boys in my den were awarded their gold arrow patch for completing their first 10 electives!  Then was the ceremony for 3 of our scouts to cross over to the troop.  After ceremony was done the real fun began... The Bug Guy was there to put on a presentation for the boys!  He brought millipeeds and cockroaches and let the boys hold them (YUCK) and then he had two Tarantula's which just about made me run out of the building screaming!  Again the boys were able to hold the spiders... seriously though, not sure why anyone would want to!  Colton wanted to see all the bugs up close but wasn't into holding them (smart kid).  I was running around taking lots of pictures and then all of a sudden a see Colton with the Tarantula in his hands... I ran over to take a picture and make sure the spider didn't try to carry him away!  It was a fun night for all and Colton is still talking about how he held that spider and I am still having nightmares about my house being taken over by one of them.  Scouting is so much fun and I have to admit I am really enjoying being part of this awesome Pack.  I have made some great new friends and Colton is learning so many things that he will carry with him forever.  I hope he sticks with Scouting for many years to come.  

 











No comments:

Post a Comment