Friday, September 09, 2016

First Days of School

Well summer is already over and it is back to school for the boys!  Colton is in 5th Grade this year. I still can't believe it, this is his last year of Elementary!  Wow.  Just still trying to let that soak in.  How in the world did that I happen so fast.  I remember his first day of Kindergarten like it was just last year and here we are on his Last First Day of Elementary.  
                        First day of Kindergarten                              First day of 5th Grade

And then there is Mason, my baby, who started Kindergarten this year.  I remember when we went to Kindergarten Orientation for Colton and everyone kept saying before you know it Mason will be school too and I just thought it still seemed forever away.  Well here it is!  Both my boys are in school together.  This the only year that they will be at the same school together too!  Mason was more than ready to start Kindergarten.  Having gone to Pre-K at the Elementary last year for half days really help prepare him for this year.   He was so excited and eager to meet his teacher, find out if any of friends in his were in his class and most of all ride to school every morning with his best friend who lives across the street from us.  I was able to hold back the tears on his first day but on the inside I was a complete mess.  It is very bitter sweet to see my baby just take off on his own ready to conquer the world.  I am very proud of how independent he is but at the same time wish he still would pretend that he needs his mama just a little every once in a while!



Bye mom, don't worry cause I got this under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment