Sunday, August 21, 2016

Color Rush 5K

Friday night my sister and I piled into the car with her 4 kids and headed up to Melrose (just a 2 hour drive one way ) to run the Color Rush 5K with some of our Aunts and Cousins!  My little cousin is a gymnast and this race was a fundraiser for the gymnastics team and she needed to get 25 people signed up so we figured that was a good enough reason to drive way too far for a little race!  The traffic heading North on Friday afternoon was worst than I imagined, it took us almost 3 hours to get there and I was starting to regret our decision however once we were there I was so happy we made it.  It was great to hang out with family before the race and take part in all the fun activities that they had for the kids, the race was fun (not our best times but these races aren't about record times but more about having fun) and the color party after the race was unreal.  I was completely covered in paint and the mess was totally worth it!  Such a fun night with family and I think this might be a tradition we continue for years to come.








No comments:

Post a Comment