Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Polar Cubs Camp 2017

This past weekend I attended Polar Cubs Camp with Colton for our last time!  He will earn the highest Cub Scout Rank next month and will crossover to the Boy Scout Troop so we knew we had to attend Polar Cubs camp one last time together.  The weather was amazing, a nice warm 38 degrees which for January is not normal.  However warm temps also meant melting snow and puddles everywhere.  After 6 hours at camp the boys were completely soaked but that doesn't mean it was a blast.  We worked on our Winter Survival Skills, got to throw Tomahawks, learned about habits of winter animals, enjoyed hot chocolate around Council Fire, had another delicious camp lunch (actually this was one of the best I have had) and we ended our day with sledding and tubing. It was such a fun day with my scout, I am so lucky to get to attend this awesome events with Colton.  I know these are memories that I will never forget and hopefully he treasures them as much as I do :)  









This last picture was taken by Colton, my little budding photographer. I wanted to document the coolest Cub Scout Parents at camp (and of course another scout who felt the need to photobomb our photo)!

No comments:

Post a Comment