Saturday, February 17, 2007

Scary Moments

Well this has been a long week. Colton woke up coughing pretty bad on Wednesday morning and of course being the worried parent that I am I took him to see his doctor. She said that he has Croup and that there is nothing we can do becuase it is a virus. She said it just needs to run its course. Well Thursday morning he woke up at 4am breathing really heavy. I figured it was just from him being congested, but after a couple hours I called the doctor and she said to take him to Children's Emergency. Of course now I start to panic a little. So we take him Children's Hospital and they immediatly gave him a neubulizer and a dose of steriods. And that seemed to calm him down for about an hour and then the rapid heavy breathing started again. So they gave him another neubulizer. And told us that they were going to admit him until he was stable enough not to need any more neubulizer treatments. Needless to say the second one seemed to work but we will didn't get discharged until 9pm that night. I was so glad to be going home with him I didn't care what time it was. He is doing much better today. He has been taking his dose of steroids twice a day to keep the swelling down and it seems to be working good. But I must say it was one of the scariest things I had to go through and it wasn't even that serious. I cired quite a few times on Thursday! It is so hard to see your own child struggle and know that there is nothing you can do to help!

2 comments:

  1. How scary! Poor little guy...I hope he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! Tell Colton to feel better-and if he needs extra kisses, I'll send Torii over.

    ReplyDelete