Sunday, February 24, 2008

Much Needed Vacation!

We are on Vacation and loving it! And you are probably wondering why I am blogging on vacation but we are justing hanging in the hotel room killing a little time so I figured why not! We flew in Tuscon, AZ on Thursday. We went to Sabino Canyon, which was beautiful. And I am still in shock at how big the cactus are, I had to idea. Friday we drove up to Phoenix and did some sight seeing.. tourist things of course! Then on Saturday we drove to Silver City, NM where we will be staying until Tuesday! We drove throw Texas Canyon on our way to Silver City! It is gorgeous here, mountains everywhere you turn. Today we drove down to Palomos, Mexico today and I was a little nervous I wasn't gonna be able to get back across the border! All you need is a driver's license and a birth certificate. Well mine don't match becuase of getting married and I never thought to bring my marriage certificate, but thankfully border patrol didn't care! Although when they asked my citizenship I said "Yes" and the guy looked at me like I was NUTS, the correct answer would have been United States, oops. On our way back to the hotel we stopped at St Clair Winery, have to pick up some of the local wine... even though I don't even like wine! And then best part of the day was when we went to The City of Rocks! Amazing!! Tons of giant rock formations formed long ago from a volcano eruption, we did lots of hiking and took over 70 pictures! And the weather ins't too bad either, we hit 75 today with lots of sun! Anyways, that is all for now, we are headed down to the hot tub! Sabino Canyon (above)
Texas Canyon (below)




City of Rocks!

4 comments:

  1. awesome! those pictures are so sweet.. i love the one of you in the rocks and you are right those cacti are amazingly tall!! i think i would look like a toddler next to one! lol yeah i am very sure that you will be nice, oh plz no camping pictures! lol mom i'm sure will have PLENTY! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm JEALOUS!! Cool pictures, I love the last one of you in between the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing Mandy, I've never been to that part of the country before, closest I've been is Vegas. Glad you guys are having a good time - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks beautiful (beautiful and WARM) Bet it was hard to come back! Glad you had a relaxing time! You two deserve it!

    ReplyDelete