Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Great Minnesota Get Together!

We went to the State Fair today and had a great time! This was Colton's first State Fair and we weren't sure if he would last but he had so much fun I think he could have lasted a few more hours! Of Course we took a ton of pictures so here are some of the awesome things we did (and ate) at the Great Minnesota Get Together!!Colton was a helping hand at the farm - he picked corn, drove the tracter, fed the chickens, picked the eggs, planted seeds, milked a cow, picked apples and sold his things at the market where he earned a dollor and bought a small box of lucky charms!Grandpa, Colton and I went up in the Space Tower. Colton wasn't too sure at first but once he got used to the idea he liked it - but I think he was even happier when we were back on the ground!Colton and Daddy shared a Giant Turkey Leg - actually I had some too (it was huge)!Colton of course had some Sweet Corn!

And we all shared a bucket of Sweet Martha's Cookies - and even brought some home for Grandma!Colton and I went in a fun house! He thought this was pretty cool!
Colton and Daddy shot some hoops at the Timberwolves exhibit!Colton decided to take a little nap while Grandpa and Daddy played some games! Daddy finally won and got Colton this giant Black Bear. Grandpa ended up winning too and got Colton a big Zebra (the one from Madagascar).
Frankie, Grandpa, Colton, Giant Bear and Zebra - quite the site to see!!
Colton and I shared some Shaved Ice - one of my favorite things at the fair! We saw lots of animals - Coltons favorite was this cow! Everytime she would move her tail to chase the flies away he would burst laughing!!
Colton and I went on the Giant Yellow Slide. He loved this - the minute we got to the bottom he jumped up and yelled again! We did not go again - that was way too many stairs for me to climb twice! We ended our day at the fair with a bucket of french fries. It was a great day, the weather was awesome, the food was fabulous and the memories will last forever!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I love the picture of Colton shoveling in the shaved ice, gotta love the State Fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the PRONTO PUP? Those are my favorite lol and pickles on a stick (heck anything on a stick is GREAT) Looks like you had a ball! Fun pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey love the posts. Great pics. I miss the fair. Anyway wanted to let you know I added a post. Not a long one, but it is a start. Love ya and miss ya. You should call so we can catch up again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I will give you that your last blog was a rather long one, but you now have gone 15 days. I dont know, I think it is time for a post or two. I have a few more coming, but I must do work first. Darn that work. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay it is coming - I will add a new post tonight! We have been very busy so I have lots of pics to post!!

    ReplyDelete