Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Fun!

Well our Easter Festivities started last weekend. Colton and I went to an Easter Egg Hunt with Grandma Yvonne. And let me tell you about this easter egg hunt. They broke it up into age groups, Colton was in the 0-2 group. So we were thinking this will be great there won't be lots of big kids grabbing up all the eggs from the little ones. The eggs were just laying all over the ground (not hidden) and the limit was 10 per kid. Well when they said go all these crazy ass parents started running at full speeds grabbing eggs by the fists full! It was nuts. I picked up Colton and tried to carry him to some eggs but by the time I would set him down to pick up an egg a parent would come cruising by and grab it! It was the craziest thing I have ever seen. Within about 45 seconds all of the eggs (several hundred) were picked up and most of the kids had only 1 or 2 eggs in their baskets. Colton managed to get two before they were snatched up by the egg seeking adults. I was in shock over the entire experience. But I will say the Rec department made things right by bringing out a huge bag full of eggs and tossing them on the ground for the little ones to pick up... Colton ended up getting his 10 eggs and he thought it was pretty cool! He is too young to understand what happened in the first minute of the hunt! Actually there was one lady who had a plastic Cub bag full... she had 40+ eggs and when someone said to her there is a 10 egg limit she immediatly said "Who is counting?" Well obvisouly not her! I am telling you it was the craziest thing ever!!!!

So tonight we thought we would give the Easter Festivites another try... we decided to Color Eggs! It went awesome. In my mind we were gonna have dye all over everything, broken eggs everywhere and I would running out of the house screaming "What was I thinking, he is only two and a half". But it went great, he was very patient and tried to be very careful. Although of the 10 eggs we colored about 6 of them have cracked shells! Oh well we never eat them anyways, it is all for fun. Colton had so much fun and now he says he is going to hide them for the Easter Bunny. He is confused, I guess he thinks he hides the eggs and the Easter Bunny finds them. Boy is he gonna be surprised when he wakes up Easter Morning and his eggs (and his Basket) are hid and he is gonna have to find them. Here are a few pictures from Coloring Eggs:

We have some fun plans for Easter Day. We are going to the Minnesota Zoo with Grandma Yvonne, Grandma Lori and Freddie, Melissa and the kids. Colton is so lucky to get to spend the day with both of his Grandma's and his cousins! After the zoo we are heading back to grill out for lunch and hang out for a while! Easter Dinner will be at my moms with my sisters. I love Holidays, they always seem to be crazy busy days but it is so much fun to spend time with family! Happy Easter to everyone, hope you have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. SO FUN! I can't wait to color eggs again, I seriously haven't done that since 1984.

    Hope you had a great easter, we had lots of family time, and it was really great.

    ReplyDelete