Thursday, April 02, 2009

Time for a Change


We have been looking for new couches for a couple weeks, but spending $2500 on furniture was just to hard to accept. So Frankie started watching Craigs List and we finally found some leather couches like we were looking for and they were a fraction of the price of new ones. Of course they have some wear and tear on them... but we have a 90 pound dog and a 2 1/2 year (and 2 rental cats) living in our house so I am sure they are only gonna get worse! And with the money we saved we will hopefully be able to finally put carpet in our family and move all of Colton's toys down there (our living room is very crowded with all of this toys).


OLD FURNITURE:

NEW TO US FURNITURE:

Sammy also got a new place to sleep and he seems to love his new bed! Hopefully he will stay off the couch now!

Colton has also been giving my constant reminders that he is no longer my baby!! Last night we had grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner. And we always take his chicken off the bone and cut it up for him... well last night he let us know that we don't have to do that anymore. He just grab a chicken leg and started eating! I know this doesn't sound like a big deal.... but for me it is! He is growing up way too fast and is so independent!


He even goes to the bathroom all by himself. He doesn't even tell us half the time he just stops what he is doing and runs to the bathroom... when he is done he usually comes to get us so we can empty it into the toilet and he can flush! Of course if he does more than pee than he yells for us to come wipe for him! And sometimes it can take a while for him to do his business... he is a typical male. Last night he was in there for about 5 minutes so I went to check on him and he was just sitting there waiting patiently. It was so funny I had to get the camera! He is gonna hate me some day!


3 comments:

  1. And no Colton doesn't usually wear sweatsuits and character shirts ( I know it is killing you Betsy)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new couch set! Leather is so nice for kids & pets!
    I think Colton may seek revenge for the potty pictures some day, until then keep'em coming it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. He is so darn cute. Can't wait until we get together every month or so. When are you coming out to help me pack?

    ReplyDelete