Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a weekend!



The weather was perfect on Saturday so we decided to go to Afton State Park and do some hiking along the St Croix River. It was awesome. Colton loved throwing walks in the water and I enjoyed soaking up some sun and fresh air. Then when we got home Colton went down for a nap and I decided to give the dog a bath out in the backyard. Well I was out there soaping him up and my cousin and sister came running out saying turn off the water the basement is flooding. WHAT?!?! I came inside to find several inches of water at the bottom of the stairs, it was pouring out through the light fixtures in the ceiling! Apparently something happened to the pipe/hose connection over the winter... and what a way to find out. After cleaning up the mess downstairs I had to go back outside, remember the dog is still covered in soap. I brought Sampson to the front year and rinsed him out and then came back in the house and called my dad! Good thing he is coming home from Texas because we made need some repairs in the basement. At least we don't have carpet down there yet, that would have made things much worse. We got all the water cleaned up by using every towel (and blanket) in the house and now we have fans running constantly trying to dry out the sheet rock. To say the least it was not fun.
This morning we woke up to cold rainy weather. So after breakfast Frankie decided today would be a great day to rearrange several rooms in our house. What a project that was. We decided to combine our computer room and spare bedroom into one. And then the computer room was to be transformed into Coltons Toy Room. Which means our living room is now just a living room. It took about 6 hours and a couple arguments but the job is done and I love it. Colton's toys are all in one organized room and no longer all over the living room!! Also we got rid of a lot of junk, we tend to keep things that we will never use again but today those item found there way to the trash can. Okay I think I have bored you enough here are some pictures of Colton's new Toy Room!

3 comments:

  1. Saturday was just so beautiful, wasn't it?! Glad you got out to enjoy it.

    That sucks so bad about your basement, I would have freaked out. I don't handle those kinds of messes very well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not fun dealing with water in the basement, but the weather was so perfect that I didn't get too crabby! We still have water showing up on our floor from somewhere behind the wall, hopefully my dad can get it fixed tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mandy, that sucks! Sorry to hear about your basement.
    Love the playroom! I wish we had an extra room to do that, it's gotta be so nice not to see toys in your family room.
    Let us know if you need any help with the basement. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete