Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a great Mother's Day today.  Although that is really no surprise as I have two amazing boys who make every day special and a mom and mother-in-law who have always been there for me when I need advice or help with anything!  We started out our morning with cuddles in my bed while we watched cartoons - I cherish those moments as I know the day will come all too soon when my boys won't want to snuggle in bed with mommy anymore.  After breakfast and baking monkey bread the boys and I were off to Frankie's brothers house for an afternoon of BBQ and cousin playtime.  The boys had a blast playing with their cousins and being outside enjoying the fresh air.  Mason fell asleep on the way home so I put him in his crib to let him get in an early evening nap and Colton and I decided to make some dinner (Frankie was still at work).  Colton told me to go sit down and relax because it was Mother's Day so he wanted to make me dinner so I didn't have to.... like I have said I love that kid!  He made me Chicken Alfredo Pizza (frozen one and I had to turn on the oven and I had to take it out when it was done because that was too dangerous for him!!  Frankie made it home right after Colton and I finished our romantic Mommy-Son dinner and he came home with my Mother's Day Gift!  He got me a new lens for my camera and I am so excited about it.... it is amazing and I look forward to putting it to good use in the very near future.  It was a great Mother's Day - couldn't ask for any better, spent it with Family and my boys which is the perfect day in my book!  Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!!

I played around with my camera a little tonight and I am pretty sure I am in love already.  I don't know if I will ever use my other lens again.  We are playing an outing to Afton State Park as soon as I get home tomorrow so I can really put the lens to the test!




No comments:

Post a Comment