Monday, September 16, 2013

Composition in the Field

My friend Lisa and I took another photography class last night and I learned some new things that I had reviewed in previous classes but the information just didn't really sink in until now.  The biggest thing we seemed to work on this class was adjusting shutter speed and playing with depth of field!  This was an on location class at the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis.  I had never been to this area of town before but I can tell you that I will be going back (with my camera in hand of course)!   I can't seem to get enough photography information - already looking for another class for us to take (even if some of it is review as long as I learn a couple new "tricks" or how to use a new setting each time then I feel the class is totally worth it).  Lisa and I are also going to try to schedule some photography adventures in the near future where we get up early and head to a location with our cameras and just see what can of awesome images we can capture.    Here are few pictures I took at the class last night as well as a couple others I have taken in the past few weeks, I posted a couple of side by sides which show just how much you change the look of an image by just changing a few settings on the camera (I have done no editing on any of these images)!




 This night shot of bridge and Minneapolis is by far my favorite picture from the night!





4 comments:

  1. These are so gorgous. Love the one of the bridge as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to frame that bridge picture, great shot! I love that area...let me know when you do another class like that, I would love to join ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled on your blog. Great pictures - and the bridge one is my favorite too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots! I've taken a couple community ed photography courses in the past (I also live in the Mpls/St Paul area) and the last one wasn't that great. Did you find this one really worthwhile and of so, would you recommend them? I've been practicing on my own, but I love the idea of having a friend to take pictures with.

    ReplyDelete