Tuesday, September 03, 2013

State Fair 2013

We had planned to go to the fair on Monday but with a heat index prediction of 105 we knew that just wasnt a good idea so we decided to head to Como Pool instead and skip the State Fair this year.  Well as the week went on both Frankie and I mentioned how we have not missed a State Fair together in the last 12 years and couldn't believe that we were going to break the streak.  Eventually we decided that just was not an option.  We headed out to the fair on Friday night with both boys and my sister!  This was Mason's first trip to the Great MN Get Together and I am pretty sure he loved it! We didnt get to the fair until 7pm which is totally different than what we usually do (which was arrive at 8am or so).  Many of the booths were closed by the time we got to them but we still had a great time just walking around, seeing all the animals, going on rides and of course eating!!  We enjoying some Fresh French Fries, Icees, Minneapple Pie with Cinnamon Ice cream, Alligator on a Stick, Tater Twisters, Cheese Curds, Shaved Ice and ended our night with a bucket of Sweet Martha's Cookies!  We had a great time at the Fair and are happy that we did not break the streak - Frankie and I have attended 14 straight State Fairs!  My only wish is that I would have brought my own camera with as the ones I took on my sisters camera all seem to be a little blurry but at least I have a couple from Mason's First State Fair!





















1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad that we didn't run into you guys that night - stupid phone reception. It only worked at the far end of the midway. Glad you made it there and got some photos for keepsake! I agree - it would be weird to not go to the fair after going so many years. I only wish my stomach were bigger so that I could eat more!

    ReplyDelete