Thursday, July 31, 2014

Let's go Tubing!

I have been wanting to post these for a while but have been crazy busy, amazing how that seems to happen every summer!  Anyways, a couple weekends ago we went to the lake with my mother in law.  We enjoyed a very relaxing weekend filled with delicious food over a campfire, smores, time with friends, a Christmas in July celebration and the highlight of the weekend... tubing for the first time.  Our friends in the campground invited us to join them out on the boat Saturday afternoon for some tubing and swimming.  I jumped at the opportunity.  Some of my favorite summertime memories from my childhood including tubing with my cousins (and my Uncle not giving up until he flipped your tube and sent your body cartwheeling across the water like a ragdoll)!  Now, I knew this would be a little calmer tubing as we were going to pull them behind a pontoon boat but to my surprise it still moved pretty good!  Colton and his buddy Xander went first and they seemed a little unsure for a couple minutes but before we knew it they were kneeling up and putting their hands in the air.  That's my boy, not scared of anything.  Mason decided he wanted to give it a try too so I hopped in the tube with him and off we went.  Of course he loved it as well, he kept saying "Faster, Faster"!   After about an hour of tubing we decided to anchor down out on a sandbar with all the other boats and do some swimming.  Such a fun afternoon, we are thankful our friends invited us to go with them and look forward to do it again soon.













After tubing we headed back to the campground for dinner and then it was time for the Christmas in July celebration.  While we were out on the tube, Grandma was to the rescue and picked up some gifts, wrapped them and delivered them to the office.  We headed up to the office for some yummy appetizers and cookies and before long Santa and Mrs Clause arrived.  The kids were in awe, Santa in the summer isn't what most kids expect.  All the kids sat around while Santa passed out a present to each one of them.  Colton got his relatively early however Mason had to wait until the very last gift!  He waited so patiently and when Santa called his name he jumped up and ran up to get his gift and of course gift Santa a quick hug and pose for a picture for his mama ( I have him trained well)!





Another fun summer weekend filled with memories and good times!

1 comment:

  1. Tubing is the best! I wish I had somewhere to bring the boys, it's one of my fav childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete