Sunday, August 03, 2014

First Time Campers

Last weekend the boys and I headed to my parents campground for another fun filled lake weekend.  However this time my parents weren't joining us but instead I brought some friends.  My friends Angela and Suzi joined me for the weekend.  What made it even more fun is that Suzi brought her kiddos (ages 2 and almost 4) and this was their first time camping (if you call it camping when you are in a trailer with a 40 inch plasma, flushing toilets and a fireplace)!  We loaded up the van with 3 adults, 4 kids and plenty of snacks, clothes, blankets and pillows and off we went.  The kids were so excited to get to the lake and get the fun started.  We spent the weekend playing on the beach, swimming, cooking meals over an open fire, catching more frogs than we knew what to do with, enjoying pontoon rides around the lake, eating S'mores, watching the loons, enjoying ice cream cones in the Sugar Shack, watching bedtime cartoons, catching more frogs and just hanging out!  

I didn't take as many pictures as I usually do but I did catch some very cute ones.  Although I realize now that I didn't take any pictures of Colton but that could be because he was off running with his friend all day long, only returning to eat dinner and show us all the frogs that he captured. Here are just a few of my favorite moments from our fun weekend!








2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I really love that frog one. Glad you all had a great time. I wish I had a place to escape to on weekends, though I'm not sure when I'd actually find time to get away for many weekends. Summer goes by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does go by too fast, we don't get to the lake nearly as much as I like to either but I fully enjoy it when we do!

      Delete