Saturday, August 02, 2014

Waterfalls

I decided I wanted to do something fun with the boys today, something outdoors and inexpensive and adventurous.  So a local State Park seemed like the best choice.  We packed up a lunch and hit the road for Willow River State Park in Hudson, WI.  My sister also decided to join us which ended up being a lifesaver as she was able to snap plenty of pictures of this awesome adventure as I was too busy wrangling in my boys!  We started our day at the beach and enjoyed our picnic lunch.  The boys walked in the water a little but they knew there were waterfalls nearby so they had no desire to play at the beach.  After lunch we drove to the parking lot for the falls and started our half mile hike to the Waterfalls.  The hike to the falls was down a quite steep hill which made it pretty easy however the walk out was a workout that I wasn't expecting! But I have to say, I would do the hike again any day as the falls are amazing.  We couldn't wait to get our shoes off and get into the water.  The boys of course weren't content just standing on the bridge or staying at the foot of the falls... no way, we had to climb our way up to the falls and even make a quick stop behind the falls which was AMAZING!  The rumble and view of rushing water in front of you is just breathtaking.  We had so much fun on our adventure today and look forward to many more outings like this as I would much rather be exploring with my boys than passing endless levels of video games or watching cartoons.











1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful! What a fun adventure for you and the boys!

    ReplyDelete