Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Hibachi

So we decided to try something new for dinner, no it wasn't my idea as most of you know I am a picky eater!  Clint suggested we go to Shogun - Sushi and Hibachi Restaurant just down the street from his place.  I thought, hmmmm.... they throw food so that might entertain my kids but it is Japanese Food so no idea if they will actually eat anything and who knows if I be brave enough to try the food either! But in the end I trusted his suggestion and I am so glad I did.  The boys loved and so did I.  The food was delicious!  I mean grilled steak and chicken with some rice, whats not to love!  Each meal does come with 2 grilled shrimp so Clint got a couple extra servings of those (although Colton and I both did try Shrimp for the first time, he was not a fan however I didn't completely hate it so I will call that progress)!  They start out with flipping veggies up into the air for you to catch in your mouth, Colton was excited as he caught his on his first attempt.  Mason wasn't brave enough to have food thrown at his face!  Then comes the Sake - which they squirt into your mouth until you raise your hand to signal you have had enough!  YAH!  The very idea of this had me nervous but after some cheering on from my 9 year old I did give it a go.  Then the chef grabbed Baby Sake (pink lemonade) and Colton was very excited to try this as well.... he jumped up out of his chair and opened his mouth wide!  Again Mason was not sure and didn't want to participate!  However by the time the Baby Sake came around for the 3rd time Mason has mustered up the courage and then he was hooked.... he was begging for Sake the rest of the night.  The Chef even joked that Mason should be cut off and he definitely can't drive home :)   We all enjoyed our meals very much and as we were getting ready to leave Mason asked if we could go to this same place for dinner the next night!  I guess we have a new fun dinner place to add to our list, which is good because Perkins and Apple Bee's were getting very boring!





We ended the night with some swimming and then relaxing in the hot tub!  Another fun night in the books!


No comments:

Post a Comment