Monday, February 08, 2016

World's Toughest Rodeo

Friday night the boys and I were lucky enough to attend the World's Toughest Rodeo!  The Rodeo always invites the Boy Scouts to the rodeo and each Scout gets a free ticket so we can't pass it up!  And as an added bonus we get to go to Cowboy Camp prior to the show.  Camp meant we go to go down in the dirt and the boys got to ride a bull (it was stuffed of course), get autographs from a few bareback riders/bull riders and enjoyed pony rides!  They enjoyed their time at camp and then it was off to get snacks and find our seats!  This was Colton's second time at the Rodeo so he knew what to expect but Mason was on the edge of his seat with excitement.  Once the lights when down and the cowboys came out he was in a whole new state of excited!  I dont think he sat back in his chair the entire event. he was yelling and cheering every time a cowboy was able to complete their 8 second ride! I had such a fun night out with my boys.  I love that they enjoy these kinds of activities, they might have gotten a little of my farm blood in them.  And any event that means I get to where my cowboy boots is a great even if ask me.  
These two good looking Cowboys sure are my world!
The boys had so much fun riding the bull (stuffed of course) and ponies, I think they each got in line to ride the ponies about 5 times!

6 of the 11 boys in my den!  Such a great group of boys!
Getting Autographs from Cowboys and Rodeo Princesses!
Ride Em Cowboy!

Found our seats and got snacks, we are ready for the Rodeo to start!

Denise, another Scout Mom, has become one of my good friends and is always my partner in crime for these kinds of events.  Our boys have been in Scouts together for the last 4 years and her husband is my co-den leader.
This was Mason's first Rodeo and he LOVED it!  He was dancing in his chair most of the night and he was so excited when it finally got to bull riding!
I was able to get my Tweet on the big screen, the boys thought that was pretty awesome!
I have to say that being a Cub Scout Leader is a lot of work, takes a lot of dedication and time to plan our meetings, set up volunteer opportunities and make sure they get through all their requirements to earn all the pins and patches but nights like this make it all worth it!  This was a selfie that took for one of the boys in my den (on his phone), he said he wanted a picture of everyone including me!  I really do have a special bond with these boys, some of them have been in my den for 4 years now so I have really gotten to know them and their parents!  I love Cub Scouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment