Monday, January 27, 2014

Winter Fun

So I think we all know that this winter has been a horrible one. Subzero temps week after week and school cancelling after school cancelling!  So today, on the fourth cancelled school day so far this month I thought it would be appropriate to flash back to last weekend when we briefly had some amazing winter weather and we were able to go out side and play a little!  The boys and I played outside for almost two hours, building our very own snow fort and having a snowball fight.  Then Frankie came home and the boys were ready to go snowmobiling!  Colton asks almost daily to go riding, he is so much like his daddy with his "Need for Speed".  Mason on the other hand hasn't gotten to go yet this year but last weekend he did and loved every second of it.  Looking forward to the day when they boys are big enough to do some long trail riding so we can do some winter snowmobiling trips!  I have to admit that I do enjoy Winter activities however I have said it many time lately that this is the worst winter ever and I want to move south.  We rarely get to go outside because of the subzero temps and wind chills which are -30 to -40 degrees.  Oh well, for some reason we are Minnesotan's at heart and I don't think that will ever change so we will just grin and bear it and make the most of the heatwaves when they happen!!  















1 comment: