Thursday, June 12, 2014

10 Years

Ten years ago today we celebrated the start of our lives together as husband and wife!  10 years! It doesn't feel like 10 years have gone by already but here we are celebrating our 10 Year Wedding Anniversary.   

Ten years ago I walked down the aisle to stand next to my best friend and say "I do".  That walk started the journey of a lifetime.  That walk lead us to our first home together, our first pets, several job changes and eventually lead us to the birth of our two beautiful boys.  That walk has brought us to good times and bad, to hard times and easy ones, to trying moments and celebrations, that walk has brought us 10 years down the road of life.  We don't know where the walk will bring us in the future but we are looking forward to the adventure.  

Last night before bed I was telling Colton that we would be celebrating our 10 year Wedding Anniversary today, I asked if he could believe that we have been married 10 years (and then joked that I must be very old).  He thought that was pretty cool and I decided to dig out my wedding scrapbook and look through it with him. How awesome to share the moments and memories of one of the best days of my life with my first born.  



Ten years ago I didn't know where life would lead us but knew what I was dreaming of for our future.  So far all my dreams have come true!  We have a home of our own, we have two beautiful healthy children, we both have jobs which we enjoy and we have a little extra money in the bank so we can enjoy the fun things in life.  I don't know where the next ten years will take us but my hopes and dreams include my family staying healthy, moving to our forever home (with a gourmet kitchen for my husband), lots of traveling, continued career growth, winning the lottery and most importantly laughs and good times with the ones we love.  Also just a note that in 10 years when we celebrate twenty years of marriage we will also be celebrating Colton's high school graduation!  There are no guarantees in life but I can promise that I will do my best to live each day as the best day of my life and enjoy every moment because I am sure the next 10 years will go by just as fast as the past 10 years! 

Happy Anniversary to my husband, my best friend and the best daddy in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment